Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Asian Football - Team Philippines: the great suprise in the tournament!

The match just ended. Myanmar vs. the Philippines was a tough game. Both teams did a great job tonight. But the Philippines did it to the semi-finals! YES! Philippines in the semis for the first time in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time! Great job Team RP!
Experts said a few days ago that Philippines is the great surprise in this year's tournament. I understand why. We didn't even qualify in 2008 AFF Suzuki Cup but now, this year, we are in the Semi-Finals! Wow! This is after having a draw with Singapore during the first game with a 1-1 score and beating the tournament's current champion Vietnam with a sore of 2-0! Wow! And to amaze us more, they are leading in the Group B standing. This is awesome! I'm sure this is the start of the revival of football in my basketball-loving country! Woohooo!!!! I am so proud of you guys!

Good job coach Simon McMenemy and the Azkals! And I'd like to specifically mention, great job Mr. Goalie! I love you! LOL. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment